Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Friday5nites's Avatar
    Friday5nites Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 30, 2014, 10:05 AM
    Immigration Query
    If an individual came on a F1 visa and during course of study a brother filed for a family permanent residency I-130 which is in process however the student visa expires within a month's time. The individual needs to travel back to country of origin and is considering applying for OPT or R1 Visa so that they can work. Can the individual and family travel and return without complications, If so what is the best course of action? Should they apply for OPT or R1 visa? Or is there another avenue to be able to work in U.S. but still travel.
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    May 30, 2014, 08:55 PM
    Make sure you are on OPT before you leave US, or you will not be able to return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration query [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on H1B visa and my current contract is getting over by end of June. I have a new offer in hand, but the new employer is firm on doing the H1 transfer in the regular procedure rather than premium processing. I came to know that in case of regular processing, it will take...

Immigration query [ 1 Answers ]

I am filipino born of us father and filipino mother what is my citizenship

Immigration query [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam Iam an Occupational Therapist from Mumbai,India, Graduated in January 2004. Iam interested in pursuing a career in Australia. I have got my qualificationsa assessed from the Relevant board with a positive response. I am planning to apply for visa in the general...

View more questions Search