Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    sandee01's Avatar
    sandee01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 7, 2010, 01:25 PM
    I'm 19 I want a green card to work legally how do I do that?
    I've been living in the u.s for about 16 yrs.ive attended my 12 years of school and graduated and dhold my h.s diploma .im a good citizen
    NYcityboy's Avatar
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65
    Senior Member

    Jun 10, 2010, 07:56 AM

    First, you must immediately stop referring to yourself as a "good citizen". If you make a false claim to be a US "citizen" for any government benefit, it could result in a permanent bar to permanent residence.

    How did you enter the US? Did you have a visa, enter EWI or with false documents? What USC or LPR relatives do you have? What, if anything, was filed for your parents or you and when? Do you have a USC spouse or fiancee/fiance?

    Your case could be very easy or very complicated. I recommend (not advise) you consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Many will give you good information over the telephone, but be prepared to pay a consultation fee to meet with them. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost my green card & ss card can't get 1 w/o the other. Help! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been here since 1976. I lost my green card and my social security card. I can't get one w/o the other. I have already tried. I know my ss # but not my green card #. How can I get this issue resolved?

Conditional green card needing a divorce. Will the green card be lost? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a conditional green card by marriage in good faith. My wife(my petitioner) and I were only together for 2 months after marriage since she has to go to rehab for drug control.She has a boyfriend before who was into drugs and was controlling her that is why she was sent to rehab.Up to this...

Can my green permanent green card be revoke [ 1 Answers ]

I am married to my wife for five years. After three years of marriage file for my green cad . I got my premanant green card in march of 2009. I have a child outside of marriage and my wife found out. She put me out the house and said she is going to revoke .

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

View more questions Search