Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    basantapoon's Avatar
    basantapoon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 10, 2011, 12:11 AM
    Igot married to green card holder girl how could I get a green card?
    I got married to green card holder girl of usa, how could I get a green card?
    nancymervin's Avatar
    nancymervin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

    May 26, 2011, 02:01 AM
    U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) can sponsor their spouses for green card through marriage. They can file the petition either when the spouse is outside the U.S. or within the country. If the applicant is the spouse of a U.S. citizen and is in the U.S. then both Form I-130 and Form I-485 can be filed concurrently.
    NYcityboy's Avatar
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65
    Senior Member

    May 26, 2011, 01:05 PM

    Your are the spouse of a permanent resident, FB-2A. Your spouse files the I-130 relative petition for you, then you must wait for your priority date to be current. if she files today, your PD is 05/26/2011 and as of today the DOS visa bulletin shows the FB-2A at August 22, 2007.

    So it looks like about 4 years until you can file for the green card. Her filing does not give you any status in the US, so you need to maintain your current non-immigrant visa status.

    I would suggest you meet with an immigration attorney. Good luck.
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    May 29, 2011, 07:52 PM

    Timing may be an issue... better consult experienced immigration attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OPT->H1 married to Green Card holder [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got my H1B visa approved on Nov 1st 2010. I was on OPT until then. I am married to a green card holder. We both work and live in California. 1) How should I file taxes? What form to use? Any help will be great.

Green card holder married to L1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a green card holder and I recently married to a L1 Visa holder(both are in US).I would like to apply green card for him.If I do so,is there any restriction for him to travel out side US.Also I would like to know the steps involved in this process and approximate time to get it...

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

Green card holder married to a non-resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am doing my mother's taxes. She is a Green Card holder and lives here. My dad does NOT have a green card and lives down in Brazil. However, legally, they are still married. When I try to file in Turbo Tax and check my mother as married, the software askes for my dad's social security....

H1B status after married green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

My H1B visa will expire in 2010. I plan to marry with 2-year-green card holder. Will I get green card too? How long does it take? And if I quit my job after I married, am I still legel to stay in US? Can I go out of US and come back? Give me some advise pleassssssse

View more questions Search