Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    trishapramukh's Avatar
    trishapramukh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 6, 2010, 04:40 PM
    How can I save status from temporary green card to permanent green card
    Hi I'm from india I'm newly coming in the US my marriage done in the 2009 and then they bring my document here in the US and the file it here and I get visa in December and I came to US in January 2010 after one month of marriage they left me because of gold and money needed more they findout my faults and they left me after I came in another city and I findout job and I'm currently do everything on my own self my husband say me you saw me you are stand up at your own leg or not and now I saw him but his parents need divorce that's why they say you choose anyone either your wife or your parents and he choose his parents he nothing to help me no he findout my ssn no school no green card no help nothing I do my own self to get green card ssn driving licence everything now they need divorce I don't have any pictures we go outside they don't make joing a/c anything I don't have ennough docment about I-751 so how can I save my green card form temporary to permanent.
    NYcityboy's Avatar
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65
    Senior Member

    Oct 6, 2010, 05:40 PM

    Your post is a bit hard to understand, but it sounds like you have a conditional residence, but the viability of the marriage is low and your husband wants a divorce.

    It will be difficult, but you should try to gather as much documentary evidence of cohabitation and co-mingling of funds. If you don't have much, you will need to get affidavits from third parties that know of your marriage.

    After you get divorced, file the I-751 asking for a waiver of the joint filing requirement and submit in the evidence of the bona fides of the marriage.

    Consult with an experienced immigration attorney to assist with secondary evidence and the affidavits. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going to School while on TN Status/Greencard [ 4 Answers ]

I am a Canadian citizen currently in the US. I reside in North Carolina. I attended a 4 year college, was on OPT for a year, and have been on TN Status for the past year. My current TN status expires June 30th, 2009 and my application for extension has been approved until June 30th, 2010. I have a...

Green card status after divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got married in India and came to USA with my husband. Its been 5 years now we havea 3 year old kid.. Our green card is processed by his company. We got our EAD and waiting for 140 and 485 to clear.we are in the final stage. Now we are thinking of divorcing but I want to live here even after...

Can I remarried to other green card so that I can apply a permanent green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I just got my temporary green card and my husband is planning to divorce me maybe 10 months from now. My question is what if I can find another man to marry before the temporary green card expires, can I apply a permanent green card with him.. please help me...

What happens to my green card status if I leave the usa for more then 6 months [ 5 Answers ]

I have travelled out the country with my wife for pure medical reasons, I expect to be hospitalised for a long time and will probably not make it back to the USA within 12 months, I have been in the states for more then 20 years, can someone please tell me what the rules are with regards to...

Filing Permanent Residency application (Greencard) under EB2? [ 1 Answers ]

Everything I've read states that filing under EB2 requires at least a masters degree. The job I'm working in, the minimum requirement is a masters degree. However, the immigration department claims that they will get audited if we submit my app under EB2 because I don't make the required salary...

View more questions Search