Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    chadherrella's Avatar
    chadherrella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 10, 2006, 12:09 AM
    Please help. I am a victim of fraud
    I have a problem. I found out that a fraudalent petition for my wife's immigrant visa was signed in my name. I gave no consent for the submission of the petition. My signature was forged.

    My wife and I were married April 1999. We separated December 2000. Ever since the separation we haven't been living together.

    2 days ago I receive the DS-230 form, which one of her family members dropped off at my parents house, which I was told to sign. I was surprised because I never submitted any petition papers. I refused to sign it, made copies of the form and returned them.

    I learned from immigration forums online that the DS-230 is like the last step before the interview to get the immigrant visa. I also learned that I don't need to sign the DS-230 form. Why was I shown the form? So that my wife's family can get me angry because they used me and I didn't even know about it and I can't stop it now? Can I stop this petition? My wife is just using me to get an immigrant visa. Please help me...
    mr.yet's Avatar
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

    Jan 10, 2006, 03:49 AM
    Report it
    Contact the immigration dept and tell them you never sent the original form, nor did you sign it. Tell them everything you just posted.
    CaptainForest's Avatar
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

    Jan 10, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Mr. Yet is right on the money here.

    Call up the US Immigration office and tell them all of this. Your wife (exwife) is looking at fraud charges as well. This might even get her deported.
    mamenell's Avatar
    mamenell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 31, 2006, 12:49 PM
    When my wife and I went through the final interview process, both of us had to be present. We had to show that we had "a marriage." We were to bring pictures of us doing things together. I would think that if you are not present and she can not provide any proof that "a marriage" exists, she would be denied permanent residence status. Unfortunately, INS will not give you any information about the status of her petition.
    baglesbeltran's Avatar
    baglesbeltran Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 18, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Contact an attorney. Contact your local congressman/woman ask them to submit a letter with your complaint to immigration. This may help. Good luck when sending your complaint be specific an give details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Victim of Bank Fraud victimized by Bank [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Arizona. I received a summons & complaint from Hilco re a Wells FargoBank (WFB)debt. 2 weeks ago. March 27 2007 I am a victim of felony crimes that began when WFB designed and printed 'convenience checks' accessing my accounts, unbeknownst to me, and negotiated access to my accounts with...

Elderly woman is a victim of bank fraud, and identity theft [ 9 Answers ]

If a person commits bank fraud on the elderly and pays on the money in question, is it still bank fraud, and if so can I still make that person be held accountable for the identity theft that made it possible for them to do this in the first place? Also do the bank have a responsibility to report...

Victim of fraud [ 14 Answers ]

I fell for one of those online scams, long story short paid for plasma TV with western union, never got it. When I realized the money was already picked up in a different province. I called WU and of course I can't get the money back, local PD wasn't of much help since this seems to be common scam...

Liable to pay bank? (victim of force fraud) [ 6 Answers ]

Halifax answered my question, thank you to all who replied

View more questions Search