Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    biz400's Avatar
    biz400 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 20, 2011, 06:21 AM
    Green Card status for student studying abroad
    Hello, my 19 year old son studying abroad; he is a green card holder; he has to stay outside the USA for about 5 years; how can he maintain his Green Card status?


Check out some similar questions!

How can I save status from temporary green card to permanent green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm from india I'm newly coming in the US my marriage done in the 2009 and then they bring my document here in the US and the file it here and I get visa in December and I came to US in January 2010 after one month of marriage they left me because of gold and money needed more they findout my...

Studying fulltime on F1 while green card is in process. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guru(s), I am currently working as a full time employee on H1B visa status (its valid for next 5 years). I plan to file for green card through my current employer in 2009. Meanwhile I also plan to join full time MBA course next year in 2010. If my employer supports me with my further studies...

Travel abroad with green card [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my wife want to a trip soon, she a condition green card holder and have a valid passport from her country. I have read that all required of you is a valid passport and green when entering the states. Her problem is that her passport doesn't have my last name, but the green card does. My...

H1, married, wife abroad; now both in the US w/green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had H1 and got married in July 2005. My wife remained abroad. I filed my taxes as "single" in 2005. I and my wife entered US in Jan 19,2007 with green card. (we were approved for permanent status on 1/9/07) . Can I file my taxes for 2006 as married-joint, even though I had H-1 and my wife...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.