Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mohan108's Avatar
    mohan108 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 25, 2021, 03:26 PM
    Green card holder returning after 2 years
    Can a green card holder re-enter US after 2 years staying abroad without advanced parole (re-entry permit), or is it advisable to obtain SB-1 Visa? What kind of evidence does the green card holder need to carry at the port of entry to show his connection with US in the last 2 years - will tax return filing receipt, proof of medical insurance and name on the lease suffice? If applying for SB-1 Visa is mandatory to return after such a long gap, does that Visa have an expiry date or can the green card be still used after entering US?
    What kind of documentation is needed to apply for a SB-1 Visa, in that situation?
    Thanks in advance !!

Check out some similar questions!

My day is a green card holder and he when out of us 3 years can he still enter us [ 5 Answers ]

My dad is a green card holder and he when out of the us more then 3 years now due to medical reason. Can he still enter us now or what we need to do to bring him here.

Tax Filing : For Green Card Holder returning back to India [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a green card holder (Indian citizen) , I will be permanently moving to India next year by filing tax returns for FY2013. I don't have any property in India except some balance in Indian accounts which are of my house after selling it before moving to US. Now, what is the scenario I...

Green card holder returning permanently to India [ 11 Answers ]

I wish to relocate to India permanently next month. I am a green card holder. Can I pay taxes for income earned in 2012 before leaving? Will I get W-2 from my company and 1099 from financial institutions before leaving or do I need to wait till Jan 2013? Also, since I don't plan to return to USA,...

I am a green card holder and have been living in the US for 13 years - three years ag [ 21 Answers ]

I am a green card holder and have been living in the US for 13 years - three years ago I have purchased a house in Poland for which I borrowed money from my father in Poland (he is Polish citizen only, not US resident in any manner). I have sold this house last year and I have reported capital gain...

GREEN CARD HOLDER returning to USA after 6 months and leaving again. [ 1 Answers ]

I know that a green card holder can stay (without problems) 6 months out of USA. But after returning to USA, HOW LONG minimum should one stay and leave again without having problems?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.