Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    david123s's Avatar
    david123s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 17, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Green card holder how do I travel in/out of US
    I got an permanent resident vise in may and moved to the USA, when I came in the immigration clerk stamped my passport with a stamp that says its valid for one year from today. I'm expecting to go on vacation to europe in June and would like to know what I need to do to be let back in to the US? Do I flash my Green-card? Do I need to get a new vise in my passport?
    DCcityboy's Avatar
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27
    Senior Member

    Feb 18, 2009, 07:55 AM

    Welcome to the US. You should be receiving your permanent resident card (I-551) in the mail at your US address of record shortly. You should travel using your I-551 and your current passport. If you don't receive your card timely, go online to the USCIS website and schedule an INFOpass appointment at the local district office for them to stamp your passport with evidence of your US permanent residence.

    It isn't clear from your post as to when you entered the US. The card usually comes in the mail about 3-6 weeks after entry. Hope this helps.
    DCcityboy's Avatar
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27
    Senior Member

    Feb 18, 2009, 02:21 PM

    If you don't receive your card within that timeframe, you should file an I-90 for a replacement green card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green card holder [ 2 Answers ]

Can a green card holder travel to Europe for vacation & if so, what are the requirements?:confused:

Travel conditions for a green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

If I have a green card, how long can I be out of the country? What are my travel allowances and restrictions, if I have green card?

Green card holder is becoming a student outside of US [ 2 Answers ]

We live in LA, and my son is a green card holder. He just got admitted into college abroad for 3 Years. How long can he stay outside of U.S. Is it Ok for him to return to U.S. within a year and stay for a week vacation and go back to his school? Is it OK to do that repeatedly for 3 years until he...

Green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

A Green Card Holder Since 2006 , He Will Apply For Citizenship In 2011 , But He Ask If He Can Bring His Wife From His Country Of Origine To Usa Before He Apply For Citizenship ? Both Have Italian Passport . Thank You

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

View more questions Search