Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    asTer0id's Avatar
    asTer0id Posts: 8, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 4, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Filing Permanent Residency application (Greencard) under EB2?
    Everything I've read states that filing under EB2 requires at least a masters degree. The job I'm working in, the minimum requirement is a masters degree. However, the immigration department claims that they will get audited if we submit my app under EB2 because I don't make the required salary (According to them I need to be making at least mid-80s for EB2) I work in IT. They insist I should file under EB3. Im reluctant to do that because I have a masters and the job requires it... I do not want to wait extra years under EB3.

    My questions are:
    1) is there any truth to this salary reasoning of theirs?
    2) can an application be pushed from EB3 to EB2 later?

    Thanks in advance
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Apr 4, 2008, 03:20 PM
    There are a lot of minor changes in employment based visas in recent year.
    For your own benefit, you should consult immigration attorney who is experienced in this area.
    If you can't afford to have an attorney handle your case, at least get consultation , so you have all the questions asked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permanent Residency in India [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I am Iranian and live in Iran. My parents, my brother and I have made several trips to India over the past few years and we are all in love with the country. We would like to live to India for good. Our family has reasonable funds amounting to around 1 million USD. What are the...

How to get a lady in australia to get permanent residency [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am an indian guy right now on student visa and looking for a girl to do a paper marriage just to get a residency in Australia. How much that girl will charge or where I can get these types of girls. Can you tell me where should I look for these types of girls. If you find any answer then...

Dual residency and tax filing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a close friend who lives full time in NJ and for the purposes of his divorce and his tax returns, claims NJ residency. He also works in NJ. However, he has a Pennsylvania driver's license, car registration and insurance - he uses an empty house that belongs to his dad for an address in...

Permanent Residency Requirement for K3 visa [ 1 Answers ]

Once in the USA with K3 visa, one can apply for the prermanent residency. Does one need to remain in the USA till the residency is granted? How long does it normally take if there are no issues Thanks, Ampiko

Permanent residency application and tax deduction [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently had an attorney assist in my application for permanent residency in US. Since this will replace my current work TN VISA (temporary VISA), is the attorney fee a deductable expense on my tax?

View more questions Search