Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    hkswma's Avatar
    hkswma Posts: 22, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 12, 2010, 10:12 AM
    Children born in US while my wife and myself are on H1B, can we apply for green card?
    Can we apply for green cards to become permanent residents since our children were born here last year and we're on H1-B?
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Feb 12, 2010, 10:24 AM

    Not now... your child will be eligible to sponsor immigrant visa for parents when he/she is 21 years old, has sufficient income, pay taxes, etc.
    hkswma's Avatar
    hkswma Posts: 22, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 12, 2010, 10:33 AM

    Thanks lawanwadee for your prompt answer. Do you have any suggestions how to live permanently in the US since the H1B is always dependent on the employer and for six years max.
    GreenPinguin's Avatar
    GreenPinguin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 23, 2010, 03:38 PM
    Get green card by other means:

    1. through job offer (apply for perm LCA) and submit I-140. When approved you will keep your H status until you may apply for green card.
    2. through refugee status - if it is dangerous to return to your home country seek refugee status after your h status is over
    3. through US army - you will get instant citizenship if go to war zone, or in 6 month if duty is in US. You will have to complete with honor to approve it.
    4. every year participate in green card lottery.
    5. there may be other possibilites as well (become famous, get different education and get a job, that you can use for instant green card application, etc.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to apply green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a researcher from Europe with J1-research scholar visa. I would like to apply for green card and I've heard that it cost a lot of money and I wondered if I could apply it by myself or is there anybody who could recommend a cheap and good low firm? Thanks

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

Can we apply Green Card in OPT [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am right now in OPT , need to know can we apply green card without going into H1B. It seems to be hard to get H1B this time due to lottery system. Thanks

To apply Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to all. Would really appreciate if there is any help. I am on my 2nd year of H-1B and my wife on H-4. Working in Illinois company. I am from Canada. I am going to apply For EB-2 category labor certification from my ave current company. I Have BS in Civil Engineering plus more than 7...

H1B, with wife on H4 and one new born baby in US [ 3 Answers ]

I was on H1B since 2005 Oct. and got married in the same month, my wife came joining me from China in 2005 Dec and since then we haven't leave the states. My baby was born in 2006 Oct. and is almost 3 month old. Last year when I file 2005 Tax return I applied and received the Tax ID for my wife...

View more questions Search