Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    malisa's Avatar
    malisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 17, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Change of visa status
    Is it possible to change visit visa to a student visa after entering US
    popale's Avatar
    popale Posts: 8, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 1, 2006, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by malisa
    Is it possible to change visit visa to a student visa after entering US
    Yes, only if you have a valid visa on your passport, and if you are not violating any law, or if you are not staying beyond your I-94 authorization date. You must look for a good inmigration lawyer to do this job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to H1 B status change [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I changed my status from F1 to H1 B this oct . I was in California during my F1 status and am working rite now at Wisconsin . Going through the forums I came to know that I can file 1040 NR-EZ along with 8843 for the year 2005 . M I rite ? Also I want to know which form do I use to file...

F1 on OPT(1099MISC) to H1 status change(W2) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Here is the scenario: I was on F1 status(on OPT) in the beginning of the year 2005 and was in North Carolina. On 8th feb I moved to California to find a job and got job over there as a independent contractor. So I was on 1099MISC but still as a student on OPT. No tax got deducted from...

J1 visa resident status [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Turkish citizen working for an American hotel under a J1 visa. I have been in the US since April 2003, and am now trying to file my taxes for 2004. I am confused by the "exemption" portion of the Substantial Presence Test- if I have a J1, am I considered exempt? I am working as an intern at...

F1 to H1 visa filing status [ 5 Answers ]

I came to US in 2000 with F-1 status. I got my OPT in July 2003. In Feb 2004, I got my H-1 visa. In the past three years, I did not leave the US for vacation for more than a month. Should I file tax return as resident status or dual status? I get confused for my status as last year is my first year...

View more questions Search