Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    moonshinerat's Avatar
    moonshinerat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 21, 2007, 03:59 AM
    British citizen with Ecuadorian wife and child & damaged passport.
    Hi, hope it is okay to ask two questions in the same thread..

    I am a British born UK resident and I have an Ecuadorian wife with an Ecuadorian born daughter. My wife's passport has been water damaged with the UK visa inside and she has to get the passport replaced. She can keep her old passport as the Visa is still fully intact but I was just wondering if there are going to be any problems with her returning to the UK with two passports and the Visa in the older passport. The Ecuadorian embassy in London says it should not be a problem but I can't get in touch with the right department in the foreign office to help me?

    Also we are having another baby in July whilst my wife is still in Ecuador, does anyone know whether our baby will receive automatic dual nationality, if there are any government departments in the UK that need to know what's happening or where I should start with making arrangements for them to return to the UK with me?

    Any help would be much appreciated,

    Kind regards

    GV70's Avatar
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

    May 22, 2007, 10:15 AM
    ASK the British embassy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spanish & British Empires [ 4 Answers ]

1. How were the Spanish & British empires governed? 2. How was the Spanish & British empires wealth created? 3. What kind of settlers came from the Spanish & British colonies?

Canadian Citizen to renew Portuguese Passport [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in Sao Miguel, Azores and lived there for 8 years before moving to Toronto, Canada. I am now a Canadian Citizen. Would like at this time to apply for a Portuguese Passport. How do I go about doing that and what do I need? Thank you for your assistance. Rcc

US Citizen filing taxes and my wife lives abroad [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a U.S. citizen and my wife resides in Saudi Arabia. I'm in the process of bringing her here. I'm filing my taxes right now and I want to file as "married/filing joint". Since she doesn't have an SSN, is the ITIN the only thing I need to apply for? Also, where can she notarize the copy...

Can I claim earned income for my child that is a US citizen with an ITIN? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has been living in the US for 16 years and is still illegal. Can he clain earned income on his taxes with an ITIN?

View more questions Search