Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    jay_pajii's Avatar
    jay_pajii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 18, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Applying for dependent visa during my stay in Great Britain.
    Respected sir/madam,
    It is most respectfully stated that, I have a general querry regarding about applying for dependent visa while staying in u.k,
    Sir/madam, I just recently got married in u.k and my wife is also got the student visa from her back home country and she is curruntly studying in the university,I am also curruntly studying on a student visa,and my study is about to finish and visa as well.
    My query is that,wheather I am eligible to apply for dependent stay to leave remain in uk on behalf of my wife,within my stay remaining in u.k before the expiry of my visa?or I have to leave u.k to go back my home country to reapply for the visa as a dependent?
    We are also in this position to bear our all expenses,without taking any benefit or public funds form the government.
    I would be very grateful to you for this kindness, if you give us your precious advise from your precious time.

    With regards,
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Sep 18, 2008, 07:16 PM
    You can file for a "change of status" from student to student's dependent without leaving UK, but it does not mean you have a new "visa". So if you travel outside UK, you will need to re-apply for dependent visa from your home country, or you won't be allowed to return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying for dependent visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am getting a work permit for UK for 2 years. My husband also wants to apply for his dependent visa on the basis of my work permit. I have few queries regarding this: will my husband's depenedent visa be valid for 2 years? Will he able to do any kind of job on the basis of his dependent...

Applying for a short stay romania (h1b visa expiring 9/08) planning to leave US 8/08- [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody help me? I am planning to visit romania on August 2008. My fiance's parents are inviting me to romania for me and my fiancÚ to get married over there. I am curretly holding an h1b status ( I don't have a stamped visa since I've changed my status here in the usa from G-5 to H1b ),...

Time In Great Britain [ 2 Answers ]

What is the curent time in London, England? Here in Michigan its 1538 hrs.

Great Britain [ 17 Answers ]

May I know, how many countries are in United Kingdom?

View more questions Search