Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mcjames's Avatar
    mcjames Posts: 5, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 12, 2011, 01:50 PM
    After being deported can I use my social security number?
    Social security
    NYcityboy's Avatar
    NYcityboy Posts: 784, Reputation: 65
    Senior Member

    Jan 12, 2011, 03:34 PM

    Yes. Your social security number, if validly issued, is yours regardless of your immigration status. Please note that a SSN is not evidence of work authorization.

    Confirm this with an immigration or labor/employment attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use my birth social security number? [ 1 Answers ]

Prior to my adoption I had a social security number. Can I use my old social?

Worng social security number [ 1 Answers ]

My work has my social security number wrong and I have worked there for 3 years. This is the first year I have noticed it incorrect on my W-2. I have filed my taxes the last 2 tax seasons and I am not sure how to go about this. They told me they would contact the payroll company to fix the...

Regarding social security number [ 4 Answers ]

:)Hello, I need to know what my child's social security number is for taxes. His card was misplaced during a move .

Social Security Number (L1 to H4) [ 0 Answers ]

Need help on the below situation One of my friend had come to US on L1 visa and got social security number during her work. Then she went back to india. Now she is coming back to US but this time on H4 visa. So my question is can she use the same Social Security Number for H4 that she had...

View more questions Search