Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissastone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 06:59 PM
    How long do you have to be at a job before you can get unemployment
    I just move to TN a few weeks ago. I got a job. I broke my foot but not at work, can I get unemployment benefits since I will be out of work for at least four weeks?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 07:33 PM
    No. The injury was not work related and if it was, it would be Worker's Compensation, not unemployment.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Hello M:

It has nothing to do with how long you've been employed. You could be laid off the first day and be eligible. However, you have to have worked during the past year to have built up an award.

However, you quit... 99% of the time, you won't be eligible for unemployment if you quit.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unemployment for those who were self-employed [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, We owned a restaurant for four years and had to close it down just about a month ago. When we had the business we took a check on and off and the rest of the times we took draws to pay our bills. Now we have no income what so ever and having very high financial difficulty surviving with...

Fired can I get unemployment in Tn? [ 12 Answers ]

I was fired from one of the big home improvement retailers. Reason they gave me was I was heard off duty saying something wrong about the company and manager? Can I get unemployment in the state of Tn? I know there first answer will be no but I want to know how to get it. Ive never been on...

Workmans comp- unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

Ill. Hello this is going to be a long ? So please bare with me. Thank you mar 13 slipped on freezer floor after someone mopped it out and I was unaware. Filling out paper work to go dr. and in walks boss and fires me for unrelated situation. Boss said if I resigned they would not contest...

Privatization on Unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time of asking a question. What is the effect of privatization on unemployment

View more questions Search