Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Mrspeel's Avatar
    Mrspeel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 24, 2006, 09:24 AM
    Home schooling in the UK
    Hi :o

    Does anyone have any information about home schooling in the UK. Does a parent need to be qualified to teach
    paraiba princess's Avatar
    paraiba princess Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
    Hi Mrspeel,

    I've just formally de-registered my 41/2yr old son from his current school
    With the intention of home educating him. If your child is already in school then you will have to de-register him (write letter to school).
    If your child has never been to school then there is legally no need to inform the LEA of your choice to home educate.
    With regards to being qualified. No.
    The headteacher at my sons school was dead against the idea and said that you need to be qualified as a teacher to be able to teach your child:eek:
    I replied: I as a mother am a teacher. I taught him to speak to feed himself
    etc. I didn't hear a second peep from her.
    I also intend to educate my 2 other sons at home too.
    adam w's Avatar
    adam w Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 28, 2006, 02:40 PM
    No you don't have to be a teacher when you took/take your son out of school the lea might try and say you have to be a teacher but you do not need to be a teacher of any kind

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Schooling for Autisic [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know if anyone knows about how to start a school or respite care for autistic children and their families.

Home Schooling [ 2 Answers ]

Can you create you, your own Home Study program ?

Autisic schooling in norfolk [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any autisic schooling for my 13yr in norfolk

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

View more questions Search