Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    home owner's Avatar
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member

    Aug 13, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Home security
    My home living complex has recently had a 5 foot brick wall put around it. It has become clear to me that this wall is very easy to climb over. I saw somewhere some small tiangle like pins that you can put along the entire top of the wall that would not allow anyone to get a full grip in order to climb over. Can someone give me more info on this and direct me to where I might be able to buy them. I would expect that they come in lengths allowing users to simply cut them. Any info would be appreciated.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Aug 13, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Why are you doing this? Is there an HOA?
    home owner's Avatar
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member

    Aug 13, 2007, 11:56 AM
    No HOA. This is a mobile home park, and most of the people are only there a few months out of the year. My place is the most vulnerable because I am on a corner. The managers says they can try to keep a better watch on my place, but they do have other things to do and can't be doing this at night which is most likely when this might happen again (yes, it has already happened once). I need to take matters into my own hands whether the park likes it or not. Any info would be appreciated.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Aug 13, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Well first YOU don't own the fence, they do. So you cannot make any modifications to that fence without their permission. I would suggest you invest in motion detectors or a dog instead.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,277, Reputation: 7690

    Aug 13, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Yes, if you put those pins there, you may be liable to a very large law suit if someone hurts thierself climbing over that wall,
    RubyPitbull's Avatar
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

    Aug 14, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Most definitely you could get find yourself sued if someone got hurt, even if there intentions were to break into your place.

    Scottgem's suggestion of motion detectors is an excellent one. You might also want to install an alarm system. A lot of the companies don't charge for the installation and you pay a monthly/quarterly/yearly maintenance fee. They will give you signs to put outside and stickers on the windows. Motion detectors & a security system will be the best deterrant. You may also want to change your locks on your windows and doors. The best way to avoid break-ins is to make it as difficult as possible for the intruder to enter.
    MOWERMAN2468's Avatar
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

    Aug 19, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Yes, alarm system would be good, then the mgrs. That can not keep an eye on things at night, and they are there for what reason again? they would and could be awakened in the night by an external alarm speaker. This should do the trick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Security for the 21st Century [ 9 Answers ]

I was looking to survey what services and fees (if any) people subscribe to for their home security system. In addition, if you are using a pay/fee-based service - do you feel the cost/fee is reasonable? Secondly, what feature(s) do you like the best about the system? If you ignore...

Wireless Home Security Questions [ 6 Answers ]

I am a little confused so I would to know if someone here could help me out. We currently have ADT (contract expired, not extended). We are moving to FIOS and our ADT will not work so we are going to go wireless. We like - 100% Wireless Security Systems for Homes & Businesses for the...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

Schedule C home depreciation and effect on eventual sale of home in the future [ 1 Answers ]

I am debating if I should take depreciation on my personal home onto my federal schedule C. Let me explain, My gut feeling tells me that when I eventually sell my personal home I will be forced to add back all the depreciation I have taken on my schedule C for all those past years as income for...

View more questions Search