Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terenaperry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 04:49 AM
    No sound coming from PC or speakers
    I recently erased my sound max by mistake and now there is no sound coming from the PC or the speakers, how do I restore that?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Click on Start, settings, control panel, system icon, hardware tab and then click device mgr.

Do you have any yellow marks next to any of the sound devices? If so, right click on it or them and choose uninstall and say OK.

Close all windows and restart your computer

On startup, windows should find your sound device and install drivers for it. Check sound when back in windows.

Hope this works. Post back
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Click on Start, settings, control panel, system icon, hardware tab and then click device mgr.

Do you have any yellow marks next to any devices?

If so, what are they? And list anything you may have under sound devices and if any marks with them.

IF there are not any marks, list item under sound devices
    aung2bo Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Jul 18, 2008, 02:25 AM
    Install back the sound card driver .

Regards,
    ABB
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Click on Start, settings, control panel, and click on add new hardware and you did not mentino if there are any yellow marks in device mgr now or not
    terenaperry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 11:37 AM
    There are ? By multimedia and other devices
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 01:34 PM
    So, you did try above, chose uninstall and then restarted PC and that did not help?

What is listed next to the "?", does it say unknown device or does it give the name of the device?
    If so, what does it say?

Basically what is shown next to other devices and multimedia?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sound system (speakers) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I have two sound systems in the same room No1:- Receiver with 2 front 2 rear 1 centre 1 subwoofer speakers Hooked up to Receiver DVD, VCR and TV No2:- Receiver with centre speaker only (80w) Hooked up to Receiver, CD Player Question is:- Can I hook up cables from...

Surround sound speakers not synchronized with TV picture [ 2 Answers ]

New surround speakers are not synchronized with television picture. What did we do wrong?

I have no sound coming out of my speakers [ 1 Answers ]

There is no sound coming out of my speakers I think I have deleted my multimedia audio device have tried everything I think! But still there is no sound could you help me :confused:

Speakers hiss/sound static when turned up [ 3 Answers ]

I just hooked up some Harman Kardon SoundstickII speakers to my HP Pavilion a1310n desktop. When I crank up the volume on my speakers they hiss. The hissing gets louder as I turn up the speakers. I checked Harman Kardon's site for an answer (Harman Kardon). They had this to say: The speakers...

View more questions Search