Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2012, 02:37 PM
    home shifting
    I have been in my home for about 35 years. The front of the house has a very busy 4 lane street. The back of the house is an even busier 6 lane freeway. As a result, I sort of have always had a bit of shifting here and there, nothing major. It is different now, and easily visible on doorways and floor molding that is clearly higher than where I put it. THis is on mostly one side of the house. Who do I call to get an inspection. For right now, what I want to do is somehow get it so that it does not get any worse. I am not sure if I want to tally repair this because I do not expect to stay in the house much longer and the house will be sold mostly for land value. Any help in what direction I should go will be appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 3, 2012, 05:00 PM
    What type of foundation or basement do you have and are there support pillars under the main beam?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shifting to usa need help [ 2 Answers ]

In coming April I'm going to New York Medical College,USA to study medicine. But I'm curious what kind of hospitality I'll get there. I'm an Italian-british-indian. My father is an Italian and my mother is British-indian. My color is light brown to tanned. When I go out I usually dress like...

House shifting [ 1 Answers ]

I have lived in my home since 1976, which was built around the early 50's to late 40's. I have a main heavily trafficked street in front of the house, and a 6 lane freeway behind it. In the last two years I have noticed a shift in the house which shows very clearly on doorways. It is very obvious...

Shifting sound [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I bought a Goodman furnace this will be the second winter I have had it. Tonight I just noticed that the furnace was making a clicking noise like it was shifting in different gears (hope that explains it). I just felt air blowing on the register. The thermostat was set at 78 the house temp...

Shifting issue [ 1 Answers ]

hi I got a 1990 4x4 s14 and a 1994 tahoe 4x4 they both have trans issues , they start fine shifts twice nice and smooth but when it shifts into drive it won't go unless u step on gas hard but still feels like its slippin changed trans filter and fluid,, anyone have a clue or something...

View more questions Search