Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2012, 02:55 PM
    House shifting
    I have lived in my home since 1976, which was built around the early 50's to late 40's. I have a main heavily trafficked street in front of the house, and a 6 lane freeway behind it. In the last two years I have noticed a shift in the house which shows very clearly on doorways. It is very obvious to all so it is not just me seeing this. I do not know where to turn to for even getting an inspection on this. I realize come time to sell the house this will be an issue, but for right now I am just concerned with being able to live in it as it continues to slowly shift. Can anyone point me in the right direction to at least be able to contact the right people for an inspection? I do not know if it is the house, or the ground, the construction, or what? Any help I can get will be appreciated. I certainly do not want it to become a safety issue.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 07:13 PM
    Where do you live? Basement , crawl or slab construction?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shifting to usa need help [ 2 Answers ]

In coming April I'm going to New York Medical College,USA to study medicine. But I'm curious what kind of hospitality I'll get there. I'm an Italian-british-indian. My father is an Italian and my mother is British-indian. My color is light brown to tanned. When I go out I usually dress like...

Shifting sound [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I bought a Goodman furnace this will be the second winter I have had it. Tonight I just noticed that the furnace was making a clicking noise like it was shifting in different gears (hope that explains it). I just felt air blowing on the register. The thermostat was set at 78 the house temp...

Shifting issue [ 1 Answers ]

hi I got a 1990 4x4 s14 and a 1994 tahoe 4x4 they both have trans issues , they start fine shifts twice nice and smooth but when it shifts into drive it won't go unless u step on gas hard but still feels like its slippin changed trans filter and fluid,, anyone have a clue or something...

Shifting problems [ 1 Answers ]

Shifting problems with my 1999 Ford tarus

View more questions Search