Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Feb 29, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Permanent e-mail address
    Is there such a thing as a permanent e-mail address that one can get and just carry with them as they change providers. I have been through AOL, SBC, and now AT&T. Each time the address is changed, it presents problems. Someone mentioned to me that I can get a g-mail e-mail address and get all mail there and that should allow me to use the internet for everything else. That sounds too eacy. Can anyone help?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2008, 04:51 PM
    There is actually a way to set up G-mail in Outlook, although I forgot how.

You can get email accounts through G-mail, Yahoo! and Hotmail. No matter who your internet provider is, your email stays the same because it is a web based email rather than an ISP based email.

**EDIT** - Here, you'll find a couple of different tips on how to set up web based emails with Outlook. The tips are inside of each link.

Outlook Tips, Tricks and Secrets - About Email
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 04:56 PM
    There is hot mail, Yahoo, g mail and several others I am sure, you can buy a web site and have your own email address you own.

I have had my own hotmail address for over 12 years though almost that many servers. And my same Yahoo since about the same time.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 29, 2008, 04:57 PM
    There is no such thing as a permanent address, but if you are looking for portability then a webmail address, such as gmail would be good.
    This way it doesn't matter who your ISP is you will be able to access it from ANY internet enabled device.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2008, 05:19 PM
    I have had Yahoo! -- Hotmail -- G-Mail is GREAT -- They all seem to be fine when you

Change ISP providers -- that is why I don't get attached to ISP eMail services...
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 05:42 PM
    You can go search this place for free emails to your heart's content:

Free Email Address Directory : Guide to free email and other services

Coincidentally, at this moment they have a "Spotlight On" for fastmail.fm, which is what I have, except I have one of their paying levels. But their free level is pretty good too and includes lots of stuff most free ones don't have.

Some geeks I know who have a second free account seem to like gmail. Personally, I wouldn't go with Hotmail. They just constantly screw with everything and I just don't think much of it anymore, and am thinking about dumping my account there. That's my "main junk account," and I'm quite sick of them.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 05:59 PM
    I have to disagree with Curley Ben. I have one of these non-existant permanent addresses.
    Alumni of certain colleges are offered these and they only forward. The idea is that they are used for the Alumni associations to find you. I wouldn't dare consider using it on a permanent basis.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 10:12 PM
    I think Curlyben may have been implying that you never know when something might just go POOF! Therefore, nothing is permanent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find e-mail address of the commissioner of baseball? [ 9 Answers ]

I am looking for an e-mail or regular mailing address for the commissioner of baseball. I pay for MLB sports package and if there is any change in the schedule, say they have to play a double header due to a rainout, mlb shuts the programming off, or doesn't broadcast it at all. I pay 150 a year...

E-mail address of baseball commissioner [ 3 Answers ]

What is the e-mail address of Bud Selig

Hacking a mail address [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hack a Yahoo e-mail id?

Victor Trujillo (Brozo Clown) mail address [ 1 Answers ]

I will appreciate if you can give me Victor´s Trujillo mail address. Victor Trujillo the mexican show man better known as Brozo the Clown. Thank you.

View more questions Search