Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Air conditioning and heating servicing
    I live in a mobile home part time in Palm Springs CA (I go there every other weekend). I hardly ever turn on the air conditioning or heating system when I am there, but wondered how often they need to be serviced to make sure they are in good working order when I do use them.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 02:02 PM
    You didn't mention if it was oil, gas or electric.

These are absolutes.

Your job is to keep the furnace filter changed and that interval is variable. Electronic media filter, once a year. Some others, one a month.

The second part is to keep the outside unit coils clean and get the leaves out of it. That may require professional help. In many cases yearly.

Inspect the cooling drainage systems at least once a year.

This can put off professional cleaning of the coil outside and rust.
    And it can virtually eliminate the need to have the inside coil cleaned.

Whole house duct cleaning is another maintenance item, but that may be almost never.
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Thank you very much for taking the time. I need to take care of this now!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating and air conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

I have a honeywell dial thermostat and when I turned it up the other day the heat came on for about 5 min then shut off. Now the furnace doesn't go on anymore.I took the casing off and the mercury looks good. How can I tell if it is the furnace or thermostat. Also I noticed late this summer that...

Heating and air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace and a/c both turn on but there is no display on the thermostat. I have no meter to check that there is 24 volts. What is causing this? I read it may be a safety thing and that there could be a dirty filter or something. Can I fix this myself?

Heating and air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean when th cooling on light flashes on your eat and air digital thermometer?

Heating and air conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

How to test a 120 to 24 volt transformer can you use ohms if its out of the system?

View more questions Search