Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Kindle Electronic Books
    Would someone kindly explain how a person downloads books onto the new Kindle electronic book? If a person gets a Kindle, does a person need anything else in order to download a new title? How the heck does this work??

Kind of step-by-step as if you are talking to an idiot. :)

Thank you so much in advance.

Mary Sue
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 02:30 PM

I don't own a Kindle, but your question intrigued me, so I looked it up.

Basically, the Kindle has a built-in cell phone (without the bill or the number) that will dial the "Amazon Whispernet" and download books, newspapers, or periodicals. When you pay for a book, say on Amazon or whatever, the book is downloaded into the Kindle using the cell phone feature. It's supposed to take about a minute. I wouldn't recommend buying a book unless you're in range of a cell tower.

Here's a map of Kindle II service:

Nationwide Coverage

On the map, the orange is high speed, green is low speed, white is no speed ;-)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 05:50 PM

Thank you so much. Excellent!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electronic hook up. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I hope you can help me. I have a new 42LG50 lcd TV,a scientific rogers hd cable boxwith the hdmi cable , a coolsat 5000 satellite box, Pioneer dvd player, Jvc vhs , and a Bose lifestyle 50 system home surround sound, for the life of me I can't get specific connections for the hook up, I keep...

Electronic project [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I want to fix a circuit with a led. I need to use a transistor to play the role of the switch to the led.I want to switch on the led by playing a sound.I know I need a microphone connected to the base of the transistor. That is how far my knowledge goes.any help?? can this be done?and if yes...

Electronic toothbrush. [ 1 Answers ]

I used to have electronic toothburush that does not rotate it makes half turns forth and back. I don't like this, is there any that actually rotate in one direction?

View more questions Search