Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadeep Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Why somebody cannot accomplish their aim?
    Recently I am think about this question : why somebody cannot accomplish their aim?
    What do you say ?
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Dec 1, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Well Sadeep, I believe that people can achieve their aims/goals in life but it requires a lot of hard work... and people of this time don't want to work hard for anything, they want to be famous overnight and become rich instead of aiming high and trying to succeed. Anything is possible with hard work and perseverance!
    So what do you say Sadeep? (",)

Dec 1, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Well, someone around me with hard work but still connot achieve their aims.At last they suicide, the ideal is much different from the Reality,they cannot stand it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 09:56 AM
    I have been having the same problem. Often you have to regroup and cut out anything that is not working toward your goals even sometimes certain friends and anything that diverts or drains you from your goals. Also keep your eye set on your goals, often we get side tracked.
    Make a list of step goals to reach your goals and give them reasonable times to accomplish each step by. Review the small steps and figure out what things held you back and what you can improve.
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Dec 1, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sadeep
    well, someone around me with hard work but still connot achieve their aims.At last they suicide, the ideal is much different from the the Reality,they cannot stand it.
    Wow that is really sad to hear Sadeep! I think that failure at any level should make a person stronger and like no help said,one should then re-evaluate the situation and perhaps make adjustments to the initial goal!And I also think its important to be realistic so that you don't get knocked back all the time, is what you want achievable? By this I mean, time, money,effort,support etc. What is the probability of it happening? Don't be disheartened!! (",)
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

Dec 10, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadeep
    the ideal is much different from the the Reality
    I think you answered your own question somewhat. When one's ideals are unreachable, no amount of hard work can bring you where you want to be, because you basically want to be outside of a reality in which you are immersed- unrealistic goals are often our worst enemy because we can become easily discouraged. I will go into this a little further below.

Another factor in our inability to 'accomplish our aim' is that as we get closer to our goals, we often tend to set new goals which are further from reach... and as a result we never have that feeling that we have finally 'arrived' at our destination.

I believe that this stems largely from the our capitalist system which socializes us from the moment we are born to always be in competition with one another. Unless you are DOING something and being PRODUCTIVE then you have little to no worth. If you are stagnant for any period, you are being wasteful of your resources. If you are not moving up, you are sliding down. While this is by no means the case, it is the method of thought in which we are indoctrinated, and it impacts us not only economically, but also on a psychological and spiritual level. Our minds cannot comprehend an inbetween- when you have mobility, you feel an incessant obligation to be constantly in motion.

Another thing to consider are unchangeable circumstances which act as a barrier between what we desire and what we can actually attain- reality is so often misrepresented to us for so long. In an ideal world, each person would have unlimited opportunities and abilities- however, as we live in a less than ideal world, many are simply unable, no matter how hard they work, to reach their ideal. We are brought up being told that you can 'do whatever you want to do' and 'be whatever you want to be'- and then when we reach adulthood and realize that these words are empty and that our born social situation greatly impacts our range of social mobility... the rug is pulled out from under us and we are in a world that we have not been prepared for, convinced that if we try we can do anything- when we really can't. So we spin our wheels and get nowhere, then blame ourselves for it.

Some people do truly have the prolific rags to riches story- but they are the exception, not the norm. And when the exception is presented to us as the norm, we feel a deeper sense of failure, self-hatred and frustration when we finally come to realize that our abilities, opportunities, and lives are limited by things which are beyond our control.

Hope this helps.

Dec 21, 2007, 05:29 AM
    THANKS FOR YOUR ANWSERS !
    That really helpful! THANKS!Merry Christmas!
    belsammael Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Mar 10, 2008, 11:21 PM
    It all depends on your interpretion of "aim". Aleister Crowley -and others- had a theory that everybody is born into this existence to perform their True Will, their sole task in life (or any incarnation of it, if you see life that way) and that everything you do in life will lead irrevocably to that same conclusion.

If you want to accomplish something which is much in line to your True Will, then you will succeed, but if you go against it, failure is a good option... perhaps even after some success... - all possible paths will lead to the same inevitable conclusion.

Food for thought.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Did Cain seek to Accomplish? [ 18 Answers ]

I really can't pin down what Cain felt he was accomplishing by killing Abel. God had rejected his sacrifice and Cain was angered. Killing Abel would not change that rejection into acceptance. In fact it would obviously increase the rejection since he was warned before he killed Cain to change his...

View more questions Search