Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kushcorinthians's Avatar
    kushcorinthians Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    May 30, 2012, 03:16 AM
    What's more important? A good reincarnation or moksha?
    Just wondering what would be more important for Hindus? It seems as though very few people try and achieve moksha now a days and most people are more concerned with just getting a good reincarnation so they can live well in the next life? Is this true?
    gocubs94's Avatar
    gocubs94 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2
    New Member
     
    #2

    Jul 8, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Im a Hindu, but for me it is a personal choice to not really believe in the whole concept of reincarnation. I personally believe that when I die, I will pay for my sins (karma) I have committed such as the Christian concept of purgatory and then become one with God. I don't like the fact that being reincarnated means forgetting all you have loved and lost in this life. Why love at all then? What is religion but a personal belief anyway right?
    Ryantheatheist's Avatar
    Ryantheatheist Posts: 27, Reputation: 0
    New Member
     
    #3

    Jul 9, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs94 View Post
    I dont like the fact that being reincarnated means forgetting all you have loved and lost in this life. Why love at all then? What is religion but a personal belief anyway right?
    Well yes religion is a personal belief, the problem is it becomes like a virus with all the different interpretations and it gives the impression that this is just a temporary state of being so that we can do what we like with it... well that is no way to live your life. Surely it is better to acknowledge that life is a one-time thing, no after-life. And to answer your question, why do we love at all... It is surely obvious... we love and that is why we wish for an after-life in the first place... it doesn't make it true!


    Ryan
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,505, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member
     
    #4

    Jul 10, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryantheatheist View Post
    Well yes religion is a personal belief, the problem is it becomes like a virus with all the different interpretations and it gives the impression that this is just a temporary state of being so that we can do what we like with it....well that is no way to live your life. Surely it is better to acknowledge that life is a one-time thing, no after-life. And to answer your question, why do we love at all...It is surely obvious...we love and that is why we wish for an after-life in the first place...it doesn't make it true!


    Ryan

    Who has the impression that we can do whatever we "like" in life and why is it "surely" better?

    The fact that you post a statement in bold (which is the same as shouting) likewise doesn't make it true.
    Ryantheatheist's Avatar
    Ryantheatheist Posts: 27, Reputation: 0
    New Member
     
    #5

    Jul 11, 2012, 03:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Who has the impression that we can do whatever we "like" in life and why is it "surely" better?

    The fact that you post a statement in bold (which is the same as shouting) likewise doesn't make it true.
    We only wish for an afterlife to hold onto the things/people we love.

    If you can't accept that, you have an issue.
    loner4life's Avatar
    loner4life Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #6

    Sep 24, 2012, 08:34 AM
    I personally want to attain Moksha,

    However from my understanding you first must be unattached to everything around you to archive moksha,

    This is not easy! True when you are depreesed you think of ending your life. That stated is not the state of unattachement,

    I beilve that you must be really hurt so much that nothing makes a difference to you. You are totally detached of life. And you must carry on that state for long time, so long in fact that you attain Moksha.


    And I want MOKSHA

    If GOD ask me what do you want? I will say straightaway I want Moksha!

    I don't want money, fame, etc I only want MOKSHA
    pinks34's Avatar
    pinks34 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #7

    Jan 14, 2013, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs94 View Post
    Im a Hindu, but for me it is a personal choice to not really believe in the whole concept of reincarnation. I personally believe that when I die, I will pay for my sins (karma) i have committed such as the Christian concept of purgatory and then become one with God. I dont like the fact that being reincarnated means forgetting all you have loved and lost in this life. Why love at all then? What is religion but a personal belief anyway right?
    Being reincarnated means being a whole new person, but your soul (atman) remains the same, you are going through a process that makes you a better person each life till you reach Moksh. So until you learn to forget about Maya your going to be stuck in it forever :P

    When you die, people forget about you after some time! And you leave everything you have earned etc exactly where it is. So why would you want to cling on to materialist things? Would you not rather be one with them and with god?

    But yeah that's the greatness of Hinduism :) you can choose different beliefs within it! And you have the complete freedom to do so :)
    smkanand's Avatar
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56
    Senior Member
     
    #8

    Mar 17, 2013, 04:00 AM
    Beyond moksha and re-carnation there is one other thing. But since people already messed up karma, moksha and other stuff, like yo said spread like virus, it's not worth to talk here. So it's not you who choose but your karma will decide what is store for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Reincarnation [ 264 Answers ]

This stirred up so much anger in another website that I am on, answerway.com What do you think about reincarnation. Do you believe in the possibilities that reincarnation exists and was taught in the earlier christian churches? Thank you in advance! Joe

Describe why organisation procedures are important to good customer service [ 1 Answers ]

Describe why organisation procedures are important to good customer service

Hi, want a tattoo which spells "moksha" in sanskrit or gujarati. [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for the sanskrit script or gujarati script of the word "moksha" for a tattoo.

Why is it important to give a research report a good tittle? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it important to give a research report a good tittle? If yes, why?

Reincarnation suggestion [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all! Firstly, I hope this is in the right spot and secondly, I have had a thought and I was just wondering what people think about it. OK so, you know how people who have had near death experiences and most of them always say that they saw a dark tunnel with a bright light at the end? well...


View more questions Search