Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kekee allen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 12:20 PM
    What should High School really be about?
    I Think Students Should Go To High School For What They To B In The Future. Instead Of Gooing N Taking Classes They Don't Need.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 12:28 PM
    While that is a good idea... electives provide them with things they would not normally be exposed to. For instance art... only 1 of my children would have a good chance of doing something with their art ability. The other 2 have really enjoyed some of the classes anfd the oppurntunity to make things to display on our xmas tree and in our home. My daughter is taking study of rock n roll and she is so happy that she has taken that class, because she has learned about different types of artist some are dead. She has evne taught us a few things.
    She is also taking an acting class... harder than what she thouhgt and will be performing a play. Normally it cost 100's of dollars to be in some of our school plays. This one is costing nothing. The same with photgrophy classes they cost very little and learn them a lot.
    Try some of the electives even if they have nothing to do with career choices.
    joshua_knowledge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 06:15 AM
    High School means preparation to our or your "Outlandish dreams" to be true.This means preparing for taking your future college course and to face and help the community using our or your knowledge
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Yes and no. The problem is that a lot of young people don't really know or appreciate what they "need" or don't need. The reality is that everyone needs as much education about as many things as possible, whether you think you'll ever "need" it later in life or not. The more you know about things in general, the better equipped you'll be to take on the world as an adult. In my opinion, far too many young people don't get enough education and I was as guilty of that as anyone else during my high school and college years. Don't ever let the "what am I ever going to need this for in life?" routine become an excuse for not doing your very best and capitalizing on every opportunity that's before you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Going Into High School! [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 13 years old and I'm going into High School. I am the youngest person in my grade and this means that I will be the youngest in the school, I'm a little intimidated, does anyone have any advice on what to do?

High School [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get my diploma by going to night school

High school [ 7 Answers ]

Why is high schoool is too hard for me?

What is a high school [ 8 Answers ]

What is a high school

View more questions Search