Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    youngson's Avatar
    youngson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 19, 2012, 09:05 AM
    Will 4" Type B Selkirk work with Duravent
    Can 4" Type B Selkirk be made to work with 4" Type B Duravent venting pipe?
    hvac1000's Avatar
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

    Nov 19, 2012, 10:53 PM
    Can 4" Type B Selkirk be made to work with 4" Type B Duravent venting pipe?

    According to my interpertation of the code all venting shall be from the same manufacturer or listed and labeled to work with each other. I do not believe Selkirk and Duravent will legally work together. That is not saying that you cannot attach them somehow but it may prove to be unsafe. Check with the manufactures for the final work on this subject.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central heater will not work on "auto" and blows cool air when on "man" [ 2 Answers ]

OK my central heater blower will not come on at all when on auto, and when on manual/on it just blows cool air out of vents. I was told to put a jumper wire on (w) to (g)wires at the thermostat, (I think) to check it, but not sure exactly. Is that the thermostat on wall or what? The pilot light is...

Grammar: "Work with Ceramic" or "Work with Ceramics?" [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Everyone, I have a quick question regarding English grammar. In a sentence, should it be "work with ceramic" or "work with ceramics?" For example, the sentence is "I would like to draw, paint, and work with ceramic(s)." Which is the correct one? Thank you, Victor Ly

View more questions Search