Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    8181m Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Nothing is blowing through the vents, ac or heat
    My air was working fine. But I when came home the other day nothing was blowing through the vents. And the pipes to the ac were frozen. All the filters were clean in the furnace and in the ac. We checked all the breakers in the house and shut everything off and turned it on again including the switch on the back of the furnace. The ac unit its self is running fine so is the furnace but still nothing is blowing through the vents. If any body can tell me what is wrong with it and how to fix it that would be great.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Check to see if the indoor fan is running. Is the filter installed in the proper direction? If no to either of these, air cannot move through the coil and threrfore freezing up
    gblair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 02:23 PM
    How can I inspect the coils to see if they are freezing up?

Thanks, gblair

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No heat blowing from vents [ 1 Answers ]

This morning I could hear the motor running on the air/heat unit; however no heat or air was coming through the vents. It seems like the fan is not working. My mother in law mentioned the possibility of it being a fuse out on the unit. I just don't want to wait until Monday to fix something that I...

Furnace on but no heat coming out of vents [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have a natural gas furnace that's about 7 years old, in a house I just bought this summer. Today I was noticing that it was pretty cold, so I turned up the furnace. It went on, but after a while I noticed that there was no air coming from the vents. I tried to turn it off and on again but...

Clicking heat vents [ 1 Answers ]

We have a new house and the heat has just started to come on during the night. The Air vent in our room makes a loud clicking noise as it heats up and cools down. Is there A way to STOP the clicking before we go insane? Thanks!

Why would the insulation be blowing in the ducts, and vents? [ 3 Answers ]

I hope this does not sound stupid, but I was wanting to ask experts What would most likely be the cause of loose insulation, blowing In the ducts, and clogging the vents. I have been in the attic looking Around, but did really see anything out of the ordinary. It has started In the last couple...

Musky odor coming from heat vents [ 1 Answers ]

We installed a humidifier to our furnace in February. Could it be causing the musky odor that we periodically get from the vents? What is funny about it is that the smell is not there 24/7 and when it is present it comes more from one or two vents only. If that makes any sense.

View more questions Search