Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ewongca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Thermostat wiring
    Hi, I had replaced a new Noma 5+1+1 thermostat last winter, our furnace ran OK with temp control. Today, when I trun on the cool air conditioner, the a/c is on but the blower does not respond. If I turn off the automatic cool a/c switch, I can manually turn on the blower. I do believe there must be wiring problem. There are H2, H1, B, O, RC, RH, G, Y, W connector on the switch and I have connected the 5 wires to
    RC [ red wire ]
    RH [ black wire ]
    G [ green wire ]
    Y [ brown wire ]
    W [ white wire ]
    Can someone advise the correct wiring so that my cool a/c can be turned automatically.

Do I need to jump wire to the B , O connector ?

Thanks,
    :Ed
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 25, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Did you jumper from Rc to Rh ? Not familiar with Noma but the jumper is normally need on a furnace that has a single 24 v transformer. With out a jumper your cooling circuit has not power. If you have just one transformer give the jumper a try, bet you'll be cool soon. Any chance of getting instructions from Noma? Noma Thermostat - electronics-101.com
    ewongca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 06:48 PM
    My cooling system is working now, thanks ballengerb1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I bought a Noma Programmable Therm. Model 52-2549-0 and installed it in the winter. The Furnace worked fine, but now I tried the AC and no go. I have 4 wires. 1 set in a Green Insulation around a Red and Black wires and the other 2 wires are white and black. Here is how it is...

Thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I purchased a RTH110B thermoset, and I need help wiring it. I have a Carrier furnace with air. The furnace has a C terminal with a black wire, a Y with a orange and a yellow wire, a GC with a black wire, a GH witch is blank, a R terminal with a red wire, and a W terminal with a white wire....

Wiring a thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire a honeywell pro 4000 from the air handler and the heat pump to the thermostat?

HELP! Thermostat Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought an older house and are in the process of replacing 1960's wood paneling with drywall. The thermostat had been "painted" onto the paneling (many times over). After I removed the screws, I had to pry the t'stat away from the wall, which caused the wires to become dislodged from their...

Wiring the whole thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Without realizing what I did I removed the old manual thermostat, and paid no attention to the wires locations on the thermostat before doing so .so I'm stuck with two yellows one red one blue one green and a black wire that's not been used ? How do I determine which wire goes where?

View more questions Search