Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RSM Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

May 6, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Ol furnace pressure release
    What causes the relief valve to open on an oil furnace? Furnace appears to be functioning normally providing heat and hot water. Hot water works off a separate tank with a separate zone heating the water in the tank.

Thanks,

RSM
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 6, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Could be the relief valve is defective. Too much water in the boiler. Expansion tank full.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Release to another state from Iowa work release [ 5 Answers ]

My dad put in a transfer to Florida as he is in Iowa work release about a month ago, how long should it take? I can't wait to see him... They said Des Moines already approved it... Please help Sheena:confused:

Leaky Pressure Release Valve [ 1 Answers ]

My tri-indicator reads 35psi when in operation. The pressure release valve is set for 30 psi. I have a steady drip when the boiler is running. How do I go about relieving some of the pressure? I believe I have 2 zones, there are 3 sets of pipes running up away from the boiler. I wanted...

Leaking pressure release valve [ 6 Answers ]

My water heater relief valve is leaking on almost a daily basis. I had the water utility company check the pressue and it was fine. I have replaced the old relief valve and still I have a leak. There is no backflow preventor installed in the house or in the meter. The temperature is set on a...

Pressure release valve installation [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a leak by my city meter here in San Antonio Texas and was told by the plumber that the installation was not correct. The depth for the manual shut off valve and PRV was only 4-5 inches below the grass and that the PRV should be next to the meter before the manual shut off valve. I...

View more questions Search