Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Looker66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Thermostat wiring
    I had a Honeywell Thermostat from the 50's (I think, I know it's old). When I removed it to replace it, I uncovered 4 unmarked wires, 2 red and 2 white. They all seemed to connected to both the clock and the temperature control. Does anyone know how to connect these to the new Themrostat. It's the 2 to 5 wire type. I'm assuming it the 2 wire configuration but I'm clueless... help!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 08:13 PM
    You will have to sound the wires out by seeing where they are connected in the system. You might have to call for service for this to be done unless you have experience it the heating trade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I purchased a RTH110B thermoset, and I need help wiring it. I have a Carrier furnace with air. The furnace has a C terminal with a black wire, a Y with a orange and a yellow wire, a GC with a black wire, a GH witch is blank, a R terminal with a red wire, and a W terminal with a white wire....

Wiring a thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire a honeywell pro 4000 from the air handler and the heat pump to the thermostat?

Thermostat wiring [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to hook up a digital thermostat in my home. Old thermostat has 6 wires, Yellow to y, green to g, red to r, blue to o, white to e and brown to c. The thermostat has 5 connectors, RH, RC,W,Y AND G. I checked My thermostat at my last home and have Green to G, Blue to RC, Red...

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing an old thermostat - a honeywell clock system - with a new programmable unit. The wiring coming out of the wall is 2 orange wires and two blue wires, but none of the ports on the old thermostat are labeled, so I can't figure out what is what. My system is heat only, older fifties oil...

HELP! Thermostat Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought an older house and are in the process of replacing 1960's wood paneling with drywall. The thermostat had been "painted" onto the paneling (many times over). After I removed the screws, I had to pry the t'stat away from the wall, which caused the wires to become dislodged from their...

View more questions Search