Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdonnarumma2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2013, 10:07 AM
    Furnace cycling
    Shorted out the red & white wires at furnace to eliminate the thermostat. Unit turns on for 5-6 minutes & then the burners shut off, fan remains on for 1 minute, & then shuts off. Since wires are shorted the electronic ignition starts up again & the 5-6 minutes process repeats.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2013, 04:57 PM
    Sounds like a fan or hi-limit problem, I would go with the fan or the control for fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace keeps cycling [ 6 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace that keeps cycling then kicks out for an hour. This started since the replacement of a fan motor. Warning code is four flashes. Already jumped all sensors that could be affected by this code all was good. Took filter out, cleaned A-coil. Not sure what else to do. :confused:

Furnace Cycling [ 1 Answers ]

My original gas furnace (70s' technology) and my new medium efficiency furnace share a common problem. The same problem existed with a conventional mercury thermostat and a modern programmable thermostat. When bringing up the temperature the furnace will shut down and then immediately begin a new...

Furnace cycling [ 2 Answers ]

My newer energy efficient furnace cycles every 10 minutes about, I have a new one story home that is very well insulated.

Furnace cycling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane gas furnace w/no standing pilot it's electronic. Anyway when the t-stat calls for heat it will fire up and the shut of within 5 secs. It will do this approx. 4 times before it will eventually lock itself out and the blower will continue to run not ever reaching setpoint. I know...

Furnace off and on cycling [ 1 Answers ]

We had an air bubble in the vacuum system, removed the clamp, blew in the tube, problem solved-thanks for everyone who looked!

View more questions Search