Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rydafolife Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 05:48 PM
    Comfortmaker gas furnace shuts off
    As the title states, we just started using the furnace due to the cold weather. Initially if I wanted the heat to get to 70, I would have to turn the thermostat to the max level. Now even this doesn't work all the time.

As a remedy, I just put in a brand new thermostat and changed the air filter. The filter was extremely dirty and clogged. The problem still persists. The heat will turn on for a few minutes, sometimes a little longer but will always turn off again before it gets to the desired temperature.

Please help.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Does the fan come on?

Nov 25, 2012, 08:37 PM
    I think so. I just watched it with the top portion off. I heard a blower, then there was a glow, then I saw a little flame, then it glowed a few more times before it shut down. This all took about 2 min.

Nov 25, 2012, 08:48 PM
    OK. The system just clicked into gear and was running for a few minutes but there was no flame only the little fire previously mentioned and cold air was coming out.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2012, 08:19 PM
    A glow, then a small flame?
    Look at the gas valve. If it is a Honeywell, look for the model number. Does the model number begin with the letters SV?
    Regardless of the make or model, please supply us with the model # of the furnace & gas valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comfortmaker furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am working on a comfortmaker furnace it is a 80% and I am getting 3 blinking lights indicating the pressure switch will not close the inducer moter vent is clear and so is the exhaust vent I have replaced the pressure switch and it does the same thing. When I bypassed the pressure swtch to...

Comfortmaker Furnace Help [ 4 Answers ]

My Comfortmaker Furance (GUG070A012N) will not always kick-in at the set temp level. The Thermostat is verified operational and good. Most times the heat will kick in, but the fan blower will not run. If I remove the panel and spin the fan manually, sometimes this will engage the fan and the...

Comfortmaker furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker RPJ Furnace. Would like to know what year it was made and the efficiency rating. Serial No. R921500213 and Model GDH100A016IN.

Comfortmaker furnace shuts down [ 1 Answers ]

I have a comfortmaker furnace that is vented with a 3" duct and a blower. Recently it started where the furnace will run through it's course , the glow plug will work, then the gas valve opens and you can see the heat in the exchange and then after a few minutes the blower will come on and heat...

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

View more questions Search