Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Swankytails8 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Lennox Ignition Pilot Control Module
    My problem with my Lennox furnace (model G23Q-3/4-100-2) is blowing cool air, and only occasionally heat was diagnosed as needing a Universal Pilot Module, part #53L9001 also known as 53L90.

Question, if we purchase the part how difficult is the installation?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Just change wire for wire. If the control has changed there will be a diagram to follow. Truthfully you are better to have a company do this. If you can buy the part Lennox will not warranty it because you are not authorized to do this kind of service.
    Countrybob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 11:15 AM

I have a Lennox furnace with a Johnston Control ignition control G600ax-3 which I am unable to locate to replace. I ordered a universal White Roberts 50D50-843. The G600ax-3 has a spark igniter connection similar to a spark plug connection and the WR is a spade connector, do I have to replace the igniter or can I replace the existing connector with a spade connector or is it recommended to change the igniter assembly? Also is there a wiring diagram available for the Johnston G600ax-3?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 11:37 AM
    Your instructions are below. I suggest that if you do not know what you are doing STOP and find someone local that can wire it for you. There is a severe liability that follows the changing of these type of SAFETY controls. I suggest you contact White Rodgers in regards to there selection of ignitor and pay close attention about the cable length and stand off requirements. Whatever you do follow the instructions especially the setup and key selection etc. Your old Johnson control wiring has nothing to do with the new White Rodger unit and the old control wiring should not be used as a reference.

http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/.../0037-6576.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where Is Ignition Module 1992 Honda Accord Ex [ 12 Answers ]

My Car Won't Start And I'm Not Getting Any Spark From The Coil, So I Replaced The Coil To No Avail. I Guess The Next Thing Is The Ignition Module.. can Anyone Please Tell Me Where It Is Located... thanks

1990 Honda Civic Ex Ignition Module Location [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find mine as I think it's causeing my problems but I'm unable to locate it. Anyone know how to find it. Thanks

Lennox G12 Pilot light problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Lennox G12 furnace. The pilot light blows out every once in a while.(An intermittent problem) The furnace is located in the hallway in the house. There are no drafts or chances of wind that could possibly blow out this pilot light. It is getting a bit frustrating because it is...

1992 ignition module location [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the location of the ignition module on a 1992 Pontiac Grand Am, 4 cylinder (2.3 liter)?

Intermittent Pilot Ignition Control Wiring Help? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older Carrier gas furnace. The Intermittent Pilot Ignition Control is short cycling. I ordered a replacement one. However, with everything else now days, the newer one does not match the older one. The older one (p/n 50D49-401) has three brown wires, one red wire, one white wire, one...

View more questions Search