Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahodges Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Air conditioner common wire
    I just installed a digital thermostat. The common wire does not seem to work. How can I get it to work?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Is it connected to the furnace at the other end of the wire?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 09:54 PM
    What are you calling the common wire. Most thermostats are battery operated and do not need a common to operate... send more info such how many wires, is it a heat pump, do you have emergency heat, do you have AC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire Furnace - Blower Motor Common Wire [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire furnace model # FG6RA 096C-12B. I purchased a humidifier to install and do not have the users guide for the furnace. I need to know which wire is the blower motor common wire. Thanks for all your help.

Air conditioner condenser air temp [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the temp coming form the outdoor condenser should be really warm, like that coming out of a furnace, or just mildly warm, like around 90. Does the temp coming out have anything to do with performance or cost? I ask this because I live in an apartment, and the downstairs...

Air Conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

Rencently is was cool outside and I turned off my air conditioner. A couple of days later I wanted to turn it back on. It no longer blew cold air. Everything appears to be working fine. I turned it off and haven't tried to use it until the other night it was cold out and I wanted to heat the house,...

70's Day and Night Gas Furnace Common wire? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I have a furnace that I need a common wire to hook up A new thermostat that req's a common wire- The Company that originally made the furnace, BDP - merged w/ Carrier I think- I have a Red and Blue coming out of the top of the transformer And black & white @ the bottom - 115v looks...

Common Wire on Honeywell T8624D Chronotherm [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing two White-Rodgers thermostats, one heating and one cooling with a Honeywell T8624D heating/cooling thermostat. I have three wires coming from the cooling thermostat (W, R & G) and 2 wires for heating coming from the transformer located in the wall at the thermostat which are both...

View more questions Search