Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lakeguy72 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Fan Blower doesn't come on in Fan,heat or cool
    Yesterday I turned on my heat(coil in air handler) and everything worked fine. Last night I turned it on again and the fan wouldn't come on no matter where the switch was: fan only, heat or air. I made the appropriate temp changes for heat/air. There is a humming noise coming from the heating coil area. The coil area was getting warm. I can spin the blower wheel easily. There is a Honeywell humidity control next the t-stat and it was in the "ON" position. The wiring diagram shows a fuse near what I think is the printed circuit board box and I found a red cover labelled "buss" I couldn't get the cover off to see if there is a fuse under it. The unit is a TRANE TWE030C140
    Any thoughts
    Thanks
    Roger
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Bad PC board or fan relay is my guess.
    lakeguy72 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 05:30 PM
    When I switch the breaker on I hear a "click" which I think is coming from the "contractor"and the hum from the heating coil area. This is after I turn the Humidity switch to "ON".
    Is there a way to jump the fan relay? BTW what does the fan relay look like?
    Thanks
    Roger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Wire a Thermostat to blower fan for alternate heat source [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all I just built a plenum around my coal stove and I need to wire in a stat , limit switch to run a blower fan . Thanks Steve PS I have all the parts off and hot air oil furnace.

Day & Night by Carrier fan blower motor stuck on and heat doesn't work [ 22 Answers ]

:confused: Day & Night by Carrier central heating and a/c unit a/c unit model # 518CXX057000MACA date of mgf=1791 heating unit model# 394JAZ060080AAFA date of mgf=4592 Efficiency= natural draft? Type= forced air

Blower fan works in A/C but not heat [ 8 Answers ]

A couple of weeks ago my Lennox G20Q3E-75-1 was acting up. Gas valve was cycling when calling for heat and then once satisfied and the main burners went out the pilot light was staying lit. I thought it might be the flame sensor as far as the gas valve cycling and didn't want to tear into it so I...

Thermostat on Heat and Auto fan but fan is not on [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This just started happening. I have a dual zone thermostat. The thermostat downstairs seems to turn on. I set the desired temp at 72 but it does not get any warmer then 67. The thermostat upstairs... I set it on auto but the fan does not run. If I set it on Fan, cold air blows out. ...

View more questions Search