Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kingkrapus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Goodman GMH8 heating unit - LED Led flash 4 times
    Hi,

I have just recently bought a Goodman GMH81155CNAG gas heating furnace. I find the manual is very unhelpful as far as diagrams and explanatory.

The problem that I am having is when I closed the doors for the furnace, the heat would stop and only the blower running. The LED would flash four times repeatedly. The troubleshooting manual says:

Flash 4 times = Primary limit circuit is open

Possible cause = 1) insufficient conditioned air over the heat exchanger, blocked filters, restrictive ductwork, improper circulator blower speed, or failed circulator blower. 2) Faulty primary limit switch. 3) Loose or improperly connected wiring.

Thanks to the invisible explanatory diagram from Goodman, I don't know and even how to find the "Primary limit circuit switch".

Better yet, on the wiring diagram. It states: when flashing 4 times = Open High Limit. It is so greek to me and Goodman does not provide any user support on their website.

I would appreciated it very much if you could help shed some light.

Thank you.
    Jay = [email protected]
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2007, 06:38 AM
    How old is it? Isn't it under warranty? See the sticky post on top of the main page for pictures of a main limit and causes and corrections of furnace overheating.

Feb 18, 2007, 10:16 AM
    The entire heating system is brand new out of the box. Here is what I have observed:

1) the heat flare to the side of the heating nossle
    2) Manual states, a filter must be installed, I can't find a place to put the filter.
    3) The heat turns off and on after I put back all the front covers (2, top and bottom) for the heating unit. However, when I take off the bottom cover exposing the circuits and air blower and hold down the switch then the heat would run non-stop (30 minutes test).

I don't see any openings for air to get into the blower and I think it is lack of air flow to the blower. On the regular heat, you would have and opening for airfilter which is next to the air blower. This system doesnot.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Feb 18, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Hi NorthernHeat,

I have asked a few prof and they said that I have to cut a hole on the side wall for the filter. So, I will stop by the heating shop for more infor. For this situation.

Thanks for your help.

Jay
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Wow, I would have never guessed there was no hole cut for the return air to come into the furnace. I guess, if you had told me you installed this yourself, I might have thought of that. (not)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Led says open limit switch [ 9 Answers ]

I'm sorry but I don't know what brand of furnace I have. so here's the problem... a couple of days ago I noticed my furnace was blowing cold air so I went to check to see if the pilot was out... well I have and automatic ignitor. So I carefully followed the instructions for resetting the furnace....

Goodman heating unit problems [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Goodman :( heating unit in the house that I moved into model GPM100-4. When the exhaust fan comes on to clear out the system before the unit will fire up. It makes a clicking sound. I have learned that it's trying to pull a vacuum from the exhaust fan to a safety switch. If I suck...

LED on Trane XB90 not on [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Trane XB90 furnace and just recently moved the thermostat up a bit on the wall to make room for a light switch. I didn't cut power first and think I touched the stat wires. After hooking the stat back up the furnace would not turn on. I recycled power to the furnace and that did not help....

91 Honda Civic - LED Reads 8? [ 3 Answers ]

The LED under the rug on a 91 Honda Civic - cranking but not starting has spark & fuel (just changed fuel pump evidently without reason, Main Relay Test good) LED blinks eight times. #8 = TDC Top Dead Center Timing. Does this mean the timing is off? If so need a fix.. probably a new belt as well...

Led Zeppelin Song [ 1 Answers ]

Here's then scenario: My public speaking teacher was describing the rules for shirades, which we played in class to demonstrate nonverbal communication. In giving some background information of his use of the game, he noted that many years ago, one of the songs that a student suggested for the...

View more questions Search