Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iesv1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2011, 07:35 AM
    Spark Electrode not sparking 3 wire pilot burner
    1- Is anything attached, like a wire, to the spark electrode? Is that why mine is not firing?
    3 wires do go into the pilot burner and I hear the tik tik tik sound when heat is called for but there is no blue spark to ignite the flowing pilot gas. I can manually light thepilot up at this point and the heat comes on.
    2- would replacing just the spark electrode fix the problem?
    3- so I suppose spark electrodes fail on occasion, confirm?

Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

How to set gap on beckett oil burner electrode [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Beckett Burner; looks like a AFG model. 2 weeks ago I changed the filter, screen and nozzle. She ran well for 2 days; and now she shuts off intermittently. I noticed that when I reset her, she hesitates before she ignites; she never did that before. I am assuming that the electrode gap...

Testing a Carrier Pilot Electrode Wire [ 0 Answers ]

What should the maximum resistance in ohms be for a Carrier Pilot Electrode Wire (connecting the igniter/lockout control board to the 3-wire pilot spark ignitor)? Furnace model: 394JAZ036065AAFA Igniter/lockout control board model: LH33WZ512A 3-wire pilot model: 740A Spark ignitor model:...

Furnace, model no. Gdpi075-3, I am getting spark to pilot and pilot lights ,spark con [ 2 Answers ]

Furnace, model no. gdpi075-3, I am getting spark to the pilot, pilot lights, spark continues, but valve does not open for main burner. This is a dual stage gas valve. There is 24 volts at pin 4 on the gas valve, I also measure 0.76 volts at spark control, this wire comes from flame sensor. With all...

Beckett AFG burner electrode adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

I have a WeilMclain boiler with a becket burner. It seems to run fine when warming the house to tempurature will cycle on and off with no proble. Lately I come home and the boiler is out. I push the reset and it fires right up. It started doing this every 4 days now it is every day. Recently...

Spark plug is not sparking [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Featherlite Weedeater that will not start. I bought a new spark plug for it, and put it in, however it seems that it is not getting any spark at all. Is it a lost cause? Thank you, Bruce

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.