Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ascott4813 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Installing RTH7400 Honeywell Thermostat
    I am replacing my (old) Honeywell T8411R thermostat with a (new)Honeywell RTH7400 programmable thermostat. I need help wiring to the new thermostat. My H/C system is a heat pump system.

The old thermostat is wired to the following terminals:
    W1 - White
    W2 - Brown
    G - Green
    R - Red
    C - Blue
    Y - Yellow
    L - Black
    E - Small wire jumped to W1
    O - Not used
    B - Not used
    Note: Orange wire available but not used.

The Honeywell RTH7400 has available terminals as follows:
    (Heat Pump Diagram)
    Rc
    R
    O/B
    Y
    G
    C
    L
    E
    Aux
    Note: Metal jumper inplace connecting Rc and R.

Thanks
    Ascott4813
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 12:27 AM
    Here is a link to your new thermostat wiring.
    http://customer.honeywell.com/Techli...0s/69-1726.pdf

Here is a link for your old stat wiring

http://customer.honeywell.com/Techli...0s/69-1037.pdf

Now from what I see your old stat is for heat pump use. Your new stat is not. Look over the diagrams and make the decission for yourself. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus Honeywell Thermostat, T8624D [ 1 Answers ]

Honeywell Deluxe Programmable Multistage Thermostat, #T8624D Chronotherm IV Plus I have 2 of above thermostats and have had for about 5 years. It takes no batteries and is directly connected to a 24 volt source. Have one upstairs and one downstairs. Have noticed at times that the LCD on...

Installed Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat but get no power [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to comb through the threads to find a problem that fits mine, but I didn't find it. So please forgive me if this is a repeat question for something that has already been presented. I have just installed 2 Honeywell programmable thermostats (RTH7000 series). The one for my...

Honeywell RTH7400 wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I got a new honywell RTH7400. I need help wiring up the unit. I just had a new Cold air central heating and A/C unit installed. It's electric heat and I need help with the wiring of the new honeywell RTH7400 5-1-1 control unit. Wires: Green Yellow White Black Red Orange

Installing Honeywell RTH 230B [ 2 Answers ]

I know there have been multiple posts regarding this stat. I've collected them and have them as reference. I was hoping to do this right the first time rather than have to troubleshoot. The RTH230B is replacing an older Honeywell mercury stat that has 4 wires: W1-white G- green Rh-red...

Installing Honeywell RTH230B thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having trouble installing a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat. When I took off the old one, I properly labeled the colored wires and turned the electricity back on, but the furnace won't kick on. I checked to see what color wires are coming out of the furnace, and it's just two of them-- green and...

View more questions Search