Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dong812 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 03:29 AM
    Oil burning circulator runs furnace fails to fire?
    I woke this morning the circulator on oil furnace was running but was not igniting. Shut switch off then back on same scenario. I then checked the coupling on oil pump to make sure was not broken, last furnace had that problem, checked nozzle was clean, put everything back together turn switch and then hit the contacts on aquastat relay and fired right up. Do you think aquastat type L8148A is my problem?
    Or should I look elsewhere.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Oct 22, 2011, 06:44 PM
    Is there a reset on the burner? If the circulator is running, it is because a zone is calling for heat. Try the reset on the BURNER ONCE. If that does not work... call a tech.
    Dong812 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2011, 04:46 AM
    I had same problem yesterday morning. Started doing some trouble shooting, controller had no electric to it, went back to Aquastat it had 120V going in nothing coming out, removed and looked at circuit board had sign of solder failure on relay, got out solder gun hit with solder reinstalled and fired right up. Woke up this morning to a warm house. Thanks
    f3 teck Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 08:43 AM
    l8148a is a cold start control disconnect T.T. 24volt termals jump out unit should run if it doesn't control is bad if it runs problem is in thermostat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant furnace, Blower runs, no heat, won't fire... [ 0 Answers ]

Bryant furnace. Model # 395cav048090abja Series B Fan constantly running. Won't turn off unless power turned off at furnace. Won't fire. No heat. Does anyone know what this could be? It's getting cold in here ! Thanks

Circulator pump works but oil burner does not fire [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 2 zone heating system, forced hot water with oil burner/boiler. Also heats domestic hot water tank/coil. Everything works fine EXCEPT zone 2, which is only the living room. When the thermostat is turned up, the circulator pump goes on but the oil burner will not. The...

Rheem furnace,fan runs all time and doesn't fire up [ 0 Answers ]

I have a furnace that the fan runs all the time. The thermostat doesn't turn it off or doesn't seem to control the unit. The green lights on the board are on and the orange light is not. The unit will not fire up. I have unplugged and plugged in all connection. Didn't see any problems with...

Weil-Mclean oil burning furnace [ 4 Answers ]

The hot water radiators in two of my four zones heating my home are not getting hot even after increasing their thermostats to 80 degrees F. If there is a bubble in the circulating pipes how and from where do I bleed the system? I have a relatively new Weil-Mclean furnace (three years old). Thanks!

Furnace igniter fails to fire [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace igniter fails to fully light the furnace. If I turn off the frurnace, then the igniter will fully work properly. Does theigniter need to be replaced?

View more questions Search