Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused1sf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 07:24 AM
    One Switch two lights - the second light furthest away from light won't turn off
    One Switch two lights - the second light furthest away from light won't turn off but the first one does

Worked until I swopped the roses. Suspect that didn't do something right when putting them back. Up to now - left bulb out but need to get it to work now.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by confused1sf
    worked until i swopped the roses.
    Sorry but I do not understand what you swapped.

Sounds like the light got spliced onto a hot feed instead of a switched leg.

May need to check your splices and try different wires to find the switched leg.

Jan 28, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell
    Sorry but I do not understand what you swapped.

Sounds like the light got spliced onto a hot feed instead of a switched leg.

May need to check your splices and try different wires to find the switched leg.

Sorry - the roses are the light fitments in the celing into which the bulbs go.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2007, 05:01 PM
    If you mean the lamp sockets, where the light bulb screws into, then the black wire must have been connected to a hot unswitched wire in the ceiling, and it needs to be connected to the switched wire.

Jan 29, 2007, 12:00 AM
    Could that be if I have confused the switch wire with feed in and out.

Have tried swopping the ceiling socket on the one that doesn't go out. The only thing I haven't done is try switching the wires around in the previous one.

Anyway of quickly identifying the switch wire ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light switch won't control light [ 2 Answers ]

I took down a ceiling fan and connected a new chandelier. Very basic white from light to white in ceiling, black from light to black from ceiling, ground to ground. There is also a pink wire from ceiling that I just capped. When I turned the fuse back on the light came on but the wall switches...

Pilot light turns off when I turn my heater off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help with this problem I've been having with my heater. I have a Day & Night heater and whenever I turn the heater off, the pilot light goes off and I have to manually light the pilot each time. Any clues on what could be the problem? Thanks for any help!

Hampton Bay remote doesn't turn on light [ 8 Answers ]

I am in need of assistance, if possible. I recently bought a Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan from Home Depot. I installed the fan according to the instructions. With the wall switch turned "on", the fan light comes on and the fan begins spinning; however, the remote will operate the fan and all...

Light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a foyer light which is on a three way switch, one is a 1000 watt dimer. The other day the light would not work while switching the dimmer. I went to the other switch and flipped it and it worked. It has worked properly prior to this episode and now works properly again from both positions. I...

Two-way light switch [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure how to fit an external light, taking it from a one-way switch & converting it into a Two-way, my kitchen light switch's are at either end of the room. So I went & brought a Two-way switch to fit in next to the back door of my kitchen. How do I transfer power to the extra switch that I...

View more questions Search