Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Please, Please Please, read this before you post a question.
    If you would include these answers in you questions we will be much more able to help you.

Manufacturer:
    Model number may or may not be helpful.

Age of equipment:

Efficiency: Natural draft, 90%, 80%.
    Plastic flue pipes are 90%, Metal flue pipe and a draft inducer blower are 80%, metal flues with no draft inducer fan are natural draft.

Type of system:
    Heat pump, hot water, forced air, etc.

Type of fuel:
    LP, NG, oil.

Tell us:
    Does anything start. Any noises or blowers run when you turn it on?

Try to turn furnace off and on at power switch or breaker.
    Did this do anything?

Modern furnaces will lock out, either what's called a soft lock out or hard lock out, if it detects a problem 3 times.
    When this happens look for a diagnostic code on the circuit board. Typically a LED light flashing.

I hope this will help speed up the process of you getting a faster more accurate response.

Check out some similar questions!

Amend FAQ--My Honda Civic Won't Start--Read Here Before You Post [ 1 Answers ]

I suggest amending the "sticky" to include a section on testing MAP sensors. Many people are having similar "non-start" problems (no spark, fuel pump won't run, etc.) and this "Key" sensor is being completely overlooked. Some are unnecessarily replacing main relays, ICMs (igniters), coils, and...

FAQ - My Honda Civic Won't Start - Read Here Before You Post [ 7 Answers ]

So, your 88-91 Fuel Injected Honda Civic won't start? Many people here had similar problems (including me), and I'll try to explain a few troubleshooting tips that might help you get your Civic running again. Even if your Civic is a bit older, or a bit newer - you might find some interesting...

Where Can I Post This Question Help Please [ 10 Answers ]

I am new here and not familiar as to where to post certain questions, such as the following which I wish I could place in a type of "GENERAL" place, for all to See... in other sites, people would sometimes place them in a section called "TRIVIA" - does this exist on this site? CAN SOMEONE WRITE...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.