Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happyhandyman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Compressor
    If air compressor is froze or locked up will it always throw a breaker or a relay
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 17, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Most of the time it will unless the thermal overload trips in the compressor first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

95 F150 AC Compressor [ 3 Answers ]

These 107 degree days took a toll on my truck's a/c compressor, got too hot and blew off the freon cap. I took the truck to a mechanic who quoted $600 to $1,000 to replace the compressor. I could see the damage to the compressor. I can buy a re-built compressor for $175 with a year warranty. ...

Compressor Map [ 2 Answers ]

I am working with refrigeration systems for some research. I am looking at the compressor map and have been told that a correction factor of .75 is fair to assume for conditions outside of the map's designated superheat and intake temp. Does anyone know where I can obtain any articles to support...

Compressor [ 2 Answers ]

Hey we were out of town then came back and the ac breaker was tripped after turning on the fans run but the compressoe never kicks in we never had any problems with this unit before can some one give us some ideas were to start thanks:D

A/c compressor won't kick in [ 4 Answers ]

I have a window a/c unit with a compressor that won't kick in. I took the unit apart and noticed the control wire on the compressor looked burnt and corroded. I took the wire off and put a new connector on, but still no go. I noticed however when I left the control wire disconnected I could hear...

Compressor squeal [ 2 Answers ]

88 gmc van 6.2 diesel I changed my system to 134 Rebuilt compressor New accumulator At idle compressor works good and cold Soon as I rev up compressor squeals Anybody have any suggestion

View more questions Search