Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    axlebear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 07:47 PM
    Intermittant furnace shut down
    I have a 15 year old Bryant gas forced air furnace. The furnace has shut down intermitantly this season.
    It has an electronic ignition that locks out and the furnace shuts down.
    When I flip the power switch off and on the spark will start and the furnace will operate again for days.
    Any suggestions as to where I should look for the problem?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2006, 07:51 PM
    There are manypossible reasons, I would start with a temperature rise and air flow issues. If it is 90% efficient I would make sure all the drains clear too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

Intermittant pilot ignition question [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a problem with the intermittant pilot on my ~9 year old gas fired boiler that came with my house. It is a Vaillant boiler #GA92-120PV, with a honeywell gas valve #VR8204A, a Honeywell spark ignition control box #S8600F, and power vent. The boiler is at 8500 feet elevation, and has a...

Furnace will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20+ year old Coleman furnace with AC. The White Rogers thermostat has four wires connected, RC, W, G, Y. There in no jumber from RC to RH. There is a blue wire embeded in the wall but is not connected on either end. The AC worked great in hot weather. The problem now is that when the...

View more questions Search