Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rperrino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Dual-zone Heating/air Conditioning Problems
    We have been having problems with our dual zone system, operated by two LUX 1500 thermostats. When both systems are on, the temperature in one of the zones (typically upstairs when heat is running, downstairs when airconditioning is running) will exceed the limit for that zone, but the system will continue to run such that the temperature is as much as 5 degress higher(heat) or lower(air conditioning) than the limit. The thermostats function properly independently, so I don't think it's a problem with them. HELP!!
    tennbarker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Tell me the pros and cons of dual zone heating
    ACMike04 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 01:13 AM
    If they are old mecury style t-stats there is a bridge inside cover and near bulbs with setscrews that can be adjusted a few degree's plus or minus on each stat ,to compensate for temp difference on each level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mold problems with air conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

House is 21 years old and never had a mold problem till we replace the a/c unit 3 years ago. Do some units produce too much moisture? The new unit is a well known brand. Look in some of the ducts today and can see mildrew. Is there a solution?

Heating and air conditioner problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a digital thermostat and the fan will blow out air whether it is in off position or auto. It will run a long time and shut off occasionally but come back on. I have even turned the main switch off at breaker panel and it still runs?? It blows cool air. I have just changed the filter. ...

Air conditioning and heating problem [ 7 Answers ]

My air conditioner keeps freezing up and usually all it needs is more freon. Now my heating won't shut off the thermostat seems to be stuck on 75* even though I have it on 70* or I think it is clicking when I pull it by 75* when I tried to get it to shut off. Is my thermostat gone bad or is it...

Dual Zone Heating [ 2 Answers ]

I have forced hot air dual zone heating at my home. When I set the temperature at 70 in the first floor.. The fan is also blowing in my 2nd floor and the temperature increases in the 2nd floor to 70. Where as the thermostat in the second floor is set to 62. I looked at the furnace and saw a...

View more questions Search