Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    funnyg Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 10:36 AM
    What would be a reasonable temperature for cooling our home, when the outside tempera
    What would be a reasonable temperature to expect our home to get down to when the weather is 98 degrees outside. Our townhome is 1335 sq. ft. and we have a 3 ton unit.
    funnyg Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 10:44 AM
    What would be a reasonable temperature for cooling our home, when the outside tempera
    In 2008 they replaced our ac unit from a 2 ton to a 3 ton unit but they did not change the 2 ton coils. The new 3 ton unit doesn't use the newest standard of coolant, we want to know if the unit would cool more effectively with the properly matched 3 ton coils and blower, we have a 1335 sq. ft. townhome.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 02:03 PM
    A 3 ton unit is not designed to run on a 2 ton coil.

See this post.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...-a-480773.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Dodge V-10 thermostat temperature and cooling system issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have a 1995 Dodge RAM 2500HD with a V-10 engine with whatever the best cooling package was at the time. For years, the temperature gauge sat around the second mark (pointing at about 10 O'clock) no matter what I was doing with the truck. It could be 110 degrees out, pulling a loaded...

What temperature should I set my thermostat for cooling? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 4000 sqft home with high ceilings and 3 AC units. I want to keep my electric bill as low as humanly possible. I keep the thermostat set on 80.It seems that the AC units run all day one right after another. What is the best temp to set? Thanks

Correct home temperature [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know the temperature to set my thermostate control at in our home

Mobile home cooling unit not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a couple of mobile homes for rental properties. When we hade them inspected they said everything was in working order. When we moved in a tenet the first thing they complained about was that the a/c was not cooling during the day, but at night it was fine. We sent out a...

House Temperature Not Cooling [ 4 Answers ]

Here's the problem... A/C has been serviced and is said to be in full working conditon... Furnace has been serviced and is said to be in full working condition... A/C worked fine last Summer. Temp inside house was 79F this morning... turned on A/C... after running for a while Temperature in...

View more questions Search