Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aacosta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 09:02 PM
    Lennox G12 Furnace won't ignite
    Hello, I have problems with my Furnace. I currently have a Lennox G12RD2-82-3 from 1980. Last week I replaced the furnace blower but now the furnace won't ignite. These are the conditions:
    --the pilot is always on
    -- I have replaced the thermocouple
    --the thermostat is OK
    --the blower kicks on after a while even though there is no fire.
    --when I changed the thermocouple it only ignited for a few minutes then
    Went back to pilot mode.
    --the wires seemed to be OK
    --the house switches are all on and there is current.

Please help, the tech's charge too much and I am very desperate. I am getting cold.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 02:27 PM
    Is there 24 volts to the gas valve when the thermostat calls for heat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox Furnace schematics [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I need the wiring schematic for a Lennox forced air gas furnace Model #CH7D-51M. Thanks.

Lennox G12 furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My daughter has an old Lennox G12 furnace and the pilot light went out. I know this should be a simple task to relight, but we are not sure where the pilot light is and don't want to just stick a live flame in to "search" for it. Thanks, Chele

Wiring for older lennox furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older Lennox furnace that had some wires melted in a flash fire. Does anyone know where I might get the wiring schematics to rewire the unit? When I went to move the wires they broke apart and know I want to ensure that they are connected properly again. The model is G8R-120-1, serial...

Lennox Oil Furnace Problem [ 12 Answers ]

My mom has an oil fired furnace that just stopped working. I replaced the transformer(white rodgers) that has the connections for the Thermostat,flame detector,etc. That didn't fix the problem. I have hit the reset button and that doesn't work either. At one point,I rotated the Fan Limit switch...

Lennox oil furnace [ 3 Answers ]

What is the proper procedure for cleaning a oil furnace, such as cleanouts to heat exchangers and where could I find a exploded view of a lennox oil funace

View more questions Search