Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eric Baker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Ruud Air Conditioner or Heat Pump
    I replaced my Old Thermostat with a Honeywell CT87A 4447 about a year ago and only the Air conditioner/ cooling part works now. It worked perfectly well before, now the heat will not operate. There is only 4 wires R W G B, the unit is a Ruud Model #USNd-036J MFG
    Date 1989. Is this unit a heat pump, I cannot find any information on it. If it is then this thermostat should not work on it correct. Or am I missing the boat , HomeDepot sold me this unit as a replacement and I believe it is for a heat unit only?

Eric Baker
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2006, 04:26 PM
    Not sure by model # if you have a heat pump, but the wire indcates heat&cool only. Jumper R&W at stat to see if heat comes on. If it does your stat is faulty. Jumper R&W at furnace if heat comes on then you have a faulty wire from furnace to stat. If it were a heat pump, you should have an O terminal and wire
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    Not sure by model # if you have a heat pump, but the wire indcates heat&cool only. Jumper R&W at stat to see if heat comes on. If it does your stat is faulty. Jumper R&W at furnace if heat comes on then you have a faulty wire from furnace to stat. If it were a heat pump, you should have an O terminal and wire
    Rheem/Ruud use B (blue) for there reversing valve.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 04:12 PM
    I can't find that model number in there web site. You probably need to go into the installer setup and set it up for heat pump/2 stage heat? And if it has an O/B terminal you want the reversing valve energized on heat for Rheem/Ruud heat pumps. Also I'm pretty good with Rheem model numbers and that one doesn't ring a bell. Is it set up off the ground so it won't get buried in snow, if it snows there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Ductless Air Conditioner/Heat Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 225 sq.ft. insulated bonus room with a 7' ceiling over my garage. Although there are two supply lines and a return to this room from 3 Ton Central Air unit they are not sufficient to cool or heat this room. In fact, the 3 ton unit was really only sized for the 2500 sq. ft. main floor. ...

Air conditioner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all. I have actually two questions. Our home is about 7 years old and is extremely hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Any ideas why. Our attic is unbeleivably hot. Should I instal a fan in there. My second question is can I add an air conditioning unit to my gas furnace(carrier)...

How to wire a heat pump & varialble air handler [ 2 Answers ]

Please help how to wire a Goodman 13seer 1.5 ton heat pump and 2.5 ton variable speed air handler to a EWC BMplus 3000 Zoning control system. Thanks, Alo:confused:

Air Conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

This Summer I installed an 18000 BTU Air Conditioner in a living room window. Will it harm the unit if I leave it in the window for the Winter? I live in Minnesota.

View more questions Search