Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcinslaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 09:04 PM
    Trane electric furnace blows 5 amp fuse
    My trane furnace is blowing the 5 amp fuse leadig into the transformer if replaced it blows again if bypassed with wires main circuit breaker gets hot
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marcinslaby View Post
    my trane furnace is blowing the 5 amp fuse leadig into the transformer if replaced it blows again if bypassed with wires main circuit breaker gets hot
    If the main breaker gets hot it is time to call for on site professional help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace blows 3 amp fuse after burner and blower fan have been on For a while [ 0 Answers ]

Carrier furnace with 4 LED control board 3 amp fuse opens after burner and circulation fan has been on for awhile 26Vac pulls down to 8 volts ac Replaced with 5 amp fuse and it does not open and furnace operation seams normal. Valve control is a White Rodgers 36E What should the resistance of...

New whirlpool electric clothes dryer / blows a fuse [ 7 Answers ]

I've purchased a new whirlpool electric clothes dryer. It will continue to tumble but one 30 amp tl fuse keeps blowing... no heat. What would cause this fuse to constantly fail?

Kenmore electric dryer blows fuse after 10 minutes [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore electric dryer has faint, squeely metallic grinding sound, runs for about 10 minute, then trips the circuit breaker and shuts down. How do I fix that?

Furnace 3 amp fuse blows after install of honeywell HE360 humidifier [ 4 Answers ]

My wife's uncle installed a new honeywell HE360 humidifier and now the 3 amp fuse keeps blowing? I had a humidifier before and just installed a new onewhat could be the problem? Please help Thank you Larry

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

View more questions Search