Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NKUNZI Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 11:13 PM
    New cold air return install in renovated basement
    How far from the furnace should I install a cold air return in my newly renovated basement?
    Another question: I just installed a new high efficient furnace with a fresh intake on it from outside, in an existing house. Any need to invest in an HRV air exchanger with an additional fresh air intake from outside? I am not sure how efficient the air exchange would be since the HRV BLOWS DIRECTLY outside air intake into the furnace and up in the registers. Please advise.

Check out some similar questions!

My cold air return blows cool air instead of sucking air [ 7 Answers ]

My cold air return blows cool air instead of sucking air

Cold air flowing from cold air return [ 0 Answers ]

I’m having a problem with my cold air return. When the furnace isn’t running, cold air blows back through the return register. Much of the heat created by the furnace is lost when the cold flows back in. The house is a small single story on a slab, with the ducts overhead and the return in the...

Why cold air blows out of cold air return when furnace is on [ 1 Answers ]

Why does cold air blow out of the cold air return when the furance is on?

Cut opening in cold air return to allow alternative heat through forced air furnace? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a wood burning stove heating up my basement but the heat can't get to the upstairs because of the home design. I can't cut openings in the basement ceiling (upstairs floor) for the heat to just rise, so I am thinking about cutting a vent in the cold air return duct downstairs so I can just...

Cold and drafty from ceiling mounted cold air return [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a adobe style home built in 2000 with a Single Roof Mounted combined HVAC system in the Albuquerque New Mexico Area. Directly below the HVAC is the only cold air return duct work located in the ceiling of the Hallway on one end of the Home. A single Thermostat for the entire...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.